Watch this 4-minute video for a demo and instructions.
When creating copy for an ad or landing page, it’s a good idea to use language likely to resonate with the emotional goals of your customers.
For example, someone looking for private SEO training is not simply hoping to learn more about SEO. They probably want to become more successful in their career or business and seek the status or financial independence that results from successfully applying SEO. Showing an understanding of their goal in your copy is likely to positively impact conversions.
I have released a free Google Sheet & Script below, utilising OpenAI’s GPT-3 machine learning language model. You simply enter a product or service in a cell. The script then suggests an emotional goal likely to be driving a purchase of the product with some copy incorporating both the product and the goal.
1) The first step is to register a free account at OpenAI.com
Upon registration, you will be given $18 worth of free API credits.
Once registered, grab a copy of your secret API key and save it on your device.
2) Download a copy of my free Google Sheet and script designed to make this process as easy as possible without having to understand or write any code.
3) Enter your API Key from Step 1 in cell A2 of the “Settings” tab of the Google sheet.
4) Enter a product or service type into cell A2 of the “Emotional Goals” sheet. For example, “Private SEO training”
5) The script will generate an emotional goal in column B and some ad copy in column C.
You may be asked to grant the script permission to run if this is your first attempt.
6) To add additional rows, enter =GETGOAL([Cell reference containing product) to request a goal in any cell.
To request additional copy, enter =GETCOPY([cell reference containing product, cell reference containing goal]) in any cell.
To request a suggest image which represents the Product and Goal, enter =GETIMAGE([cell reference containing product],[cell reference containing goal]) in any cell.
7) Click “Save Values” in the main menu to convert all formulas to plain text.
Here are a few product/service examples you can use for testing:
Do take a look at the script behind this function by selecting Extensions > Apps Script from the main menu. Feel free to adapt it for different use cases.
I am interested to hear about any interesting charts you create with this script. Please let me know how you get on.
V2 – 15th March 2022 – New feature added to suggest an image associated with the product and emotional goal generated.